Visitor Aware's Carline pick-up process utilizes visitor specific QR codes and the online administration dashboard to create seamless communication between the school staff member out by the carline, office personnel, and classroom teachers. This Visitor Aware feature is ideal when you're trying to monitor and manage the guardian carline pick-up process at your school.
Setting up the Parent and Visitor Self-Registration Process
- Go to https://app.visitor-aware.com and sign in with your respective email and password
- Within the lefthand navigation menu under "System Management" click on "Locations" and then "All Locations"
- If you have multiple locations listed, click on the name of the specific school location for which you're needing the pre-registration link
- Next, click the "Settings" tab
- Make sure "Enable Visitor Self-Registration?" is set to "Yes"
- If it is currently set to "No" you will need to select "Yes" and hit "Save"
- Copy the link address under "Public Visitor Self Registration URL" and use this link in your mass email or create a link on your school website that directs traffic to your school location's self registration page
Setting up Parent and Guardian Profiles On-site
An alternative method for creating visitor/guardian profiles and issuing out their visitor specific QR code is by having the visitor check in at one of the school locations. This process would entail the following steps for the visitor/guardian:
- After arriving on-site, they would check-in with the Visitor Aware software.
- A mobile phone number and/or email address would be provided to receive the QR code
- Upon a successful check-in, the QR code would be texted and/or emailed out to that visitor
Pick-up Process Overview
Parents, and anyone that need to be approved for student pick-up, will need to use the school provided pre-registration link or complete the visitor registration process in-person at the school to create their visitor profile within the school's Visitor Aware database. After this process has been completed, approved student pick-up individuals will have a copy of their QR code.
- Complete the parent/visitor pre-registration or in-person registration process to create a visitor profile within the school's Visitor Aware database
For more detailed instructions per student pick-up process role, please visit the associated help article for Parent/Visitor Pick-up, Student Pick-up Coordinator, Office Personnel, or Classroom Teacher.