Detailed below are instructions for student pick-up coordinators who are responsible for scanning parent/approved visitor QR codes before students are allowed to leave with the associated individual. This process prevents unapproved individuals from gaining access to students. Please have the student pick-up coordinator follow the below instructions.
How to Access Administration QR Code Scanner from the Admin Dashboard:
- Login to the administration portal. The Student Pick-up Coordinator must have an operator or administrator user role.
- Navigate to the Pending Pickups page. Located within left hand navigation menu.
- Click on Enter Scan Mode. You must be using Safari web browser on apple iPhone or iPad device.
Pending Pickups Screen
Pending Pickups Screen with Student Request
What to do When Approaching the Vehicle:
- Make sure the top of your screen says "Guardian Scan Mode" to be able to scan QR codes
- If the vehicle has a printed ID Pass in the windshield, tap the "Scan QR Code" button and scan the hard copy printed QR code. The camera will automatically recognize the QR code.
- If the vehicle has the Visitor Aware ID Pass application on their mobile device, tap the "Scan QR Code" button to read their QR code from their ID Pass application. Your device's camera will automatically recognize the QR code.
- After scanning their QR code, a list of approved students will be displayed on your screen as well as the visitor's information at the bottom of the screen.
- If you need to access the associated visitor's profile, tap on the "View Profile" button below the visitor's information.
Guardian Scan Mode
Guardian Scan Mode: Scanning QR Code
Guardian Scan Mode: List of Approved Students
How to Request a Student from the Listed Approved Relationships (after scanning parent's QR Code):
- To queue a single student, tap the "Queue" button to the right of the name of the student that is being requested for pick-up.
- If multiple students are being requested, tap the icon for each additional student.
Guardian Scan Mode: No Active Student Requests
How to Record that a Student has been Picked up (after scanning parent's QR code):
- To complete the pick-up for ONE student, tap the "Complete" button to record that the student has been successfully picked up.
- If multiple students have been requested, tap this same icon for those additional students.
- To complete the pickup process for ALL students for the visitor, tap the "Complete All" button below the students list.
*Please note, that you may need to tap on the "Scan QR Code" button again and scan the individual's QR code again to get the new student request options: Queue or Complete.