When manually printing visitor badges through the Visitor Aware admin dashboard, you may need to adjust the badge size within the print settings in your web browser to get badges to print properly. Below are the instructions that will help you accomplish this task.
To print a badge for the visitor/volunteer through the web browser, follow the steps below.
- Click on the "Print Badge" button as shown above, or on the checked-in confirmation window if using the web browser visitor check-in method.
- Next, you will see a copy of the badge displayed. Select the printer you'd like the badge to print from within the "Destination" dropdown menu. In the example below, we have selected "Brother QL-810W 2".
- If the badge shows up as one badge as shown below, go ahead and click "Print". It should print onto one badge as intended. If not, please reference further down for "Troubleshoot Badge Printing".
Troubleshoot Badge Printing:
Some browsers will require some additional setup to print a proper visitor badge. If your badge is displayed on multiple badges as shown below, please follow the below steps to print one complete visitor badge.
- Be sure to select the printer you wish to use within the "Destination" dropdown menu.
- Next, scroll down to view "More Options" menu.
- Under "Paper Size", select the "62x100mm" option.
- Under "Margins" select custom and update the margin dimensions to zero as shown on the badge picture below. Then hit "Print" when the badge is displayed as one badge instead of multiple.